How to date a Gilmore Girl, according to Dean:
1. Their eating habits are just the start of what you’re gonna have to get used to.
2. Don’t ever use the last of the Parmesan cheese.
3. Never get into a heavy discussion late at night ‘cause that’s when they’re at their crankiest.
4. Oh, and uh, go with their bits.
Yeah, like, if you’re eating pizza with them and Lorelai decides that the pepperoni is angry at the mushrooms because the mushrooms have an attitude and then she holds up a pepperoni and the pepperoni asks for your opinion…don’t just laugh. Answer the pepperoni.
5. Don’t let them near puppies ‘cause they’ll want to take home, every one.
6. Here’s a big one. If you ever think that they’re doing something crazy, they’re not. You see, after a while, their thinking becomes clear, but by the time it’s clear, they’ve already done two other totally crazy things that you can’t figure out. So there’s no catching up.
It has to be something we create and purchase for. Art by women, design by women, architecture by women, books by women, comics by women, magazines by women, and writing and art that does not support bad old stereotypes. And not just women of your own color. Trans women, LBQ women, WoallCs. Experiment. Venture. Try.
Don’t trash talk other women; talk them up. Support women who have been victimized. Don’t be part of the problem. Disagree, yes, but with respect. If other women behave badly, walk away.
|*friend sees me drunk and leaning on the wall*|
|*i look up slowly*|
|me:||are YOU GOOD?! shit im just chillin|
So if we have to show women what the baby looks like in their womb and tell them how the process works before allowing them to get an abortion, does that mean we should teach our soldiers about the culture of the lands we’re invading, and explain to them that the people we want them to kill have families and feel pain, just like Americans?
i didnt mean to become an angry feminist it just sort of happened because i looked out my window and woke the fuck up y’know
(Source: , via beneathyourbestintentions)
Just once I want my life to be like an 80’s movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason.
But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.
I NEVER CAUGHT THE PARALLEL